Demand for natural gas continues to be at unprecedented levels. Atmos Energy appreciates your conservation efforts during this historic winter storm, which will continue with record low temperatures and additional snowfall overnight.
Atmos Energy urges all residents and businesses to continue to conserve energy to help maintain service for our most critical human needs customers.
- Lower your thermostat to at least 68 degrees
- Businesses should minimize energy usage as much as possible
- Lower water heater temperature to 120 degrees
- Never use an oven or a gas stovetop to heat your home
- Unplug electronic devices and turn off lights that are not in use
- Reduce shower times
- Refrain from using your washer, dryer, oven and dishwasher the next several days
- Keep your fireplace damper closed except when a fire is burning
- Avoid using any Natural Gas fireplace
Atmos Energy reminds customers to heed the guidance of local leaders and stay alert to changing weather conditions in their area. Our teams are working around the clock to provide safe and reliable service, and we appreciate your patience during this historic weather event.
If you think you smell gas, act fast! Leave the area immediately and from a safe distance call 911 and the Atmos Energy emergency number at 866.322.8667.
Atmos Energy encourages customers needing solutions to keep up with their monthly natural gas expenses to contact Atmos Energy’s customer service team at 888.286.6700.