Levelland Firefighters were called to the South Plains College Campus Friday night at just after 9:30 pm. Fire alarms were going off in the North Sue Spencer Residence Hall.
According to a statement issued by South Plains College Friday night, it was a grease fire that caused no damage. Some of the girls from that wing were moved to Tubb Hall for Friday night due to the smell but the fire department did give an all clear for everyone to return to the residence hall around 10:15 pm Friday night.
A report from the Levelland Fire Marshall said that a pan of grease was left on the stove in a small kitchenette in the building. He said their was extensive smoke in the building.