Firefighters Called to Fire at SPC Residence Hall

Levelland Firefighters were called to the South Plains College Campus Friday night at just after 9:30 pm. Fire alarms were going off in the North Sue Spencer Residence Hall.

According to a statement issued by South Plains College Friday night, it was a grease fire that caused no damage. Some of the girls from that wing were moved to Tubb Hall for Friday night due to the smell but the fire department did give an all clear for everyone to return to the residence hall around 10:15 pm Friday night.

A report from the Levelland Fire Marshall said that a pan of grease was left on the stove in a small kitchenette in the building. He said their was extensive smoke in the building.

About Drew Dunn

News Director for KLVT AM 1230 in Levelland. We provide local and regional news updates 5 times a day on KLVT AM 1230 and online at www.klvtradio.com
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s