Levelland Fire Crews were called just after 3:00 pm to a grass fire just East of Levelland. The fire was located in a vacant grass lot, just south of Ellis and just east of County Road. The fire burned up to the back of a near by assisted living center.
Bee Hive Assisted Living Center on County Road was evacuated by order of the Levelland Fire Marshall. All residents were moved out and EMS was on stand by to assist. No one was injured in the blaze and no medical issues were reported with any of the Bee Hive residents. Residents were allowed back in after approximately 20 minutes.
The Smyer Volunteer Fire Department sent several trucks to assist with battling the blaze. Fire crews cleared the scene at just after 7:00 pm. One truck was called back to battle some hot spots late Sunday night.
The Levelland Fire Marshall has said the fire was caused from sparks from a welding trailer.